Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy
Orthopedic and musculoskeletal disorders: Physical therapists at Narayan have advanced training in manual therapy, a specialized form of physical therapy that can help alleviate your pain from joint or muscle dysfunction. We see a wide variety of surgical and non – surgical musculoskeletal conditions.
Sports Injuries and performance management: Certified Athletic trainer at Narayan’s has a vast experience in the assessment and management of a wide variety sports injuries. We are trained in the use of special techniques like taping, kinesio taping and exercise training to help enhance faster return to sports. We offer pre participation screening and conditioning advice to enhance sports performance. We treat a wide variety of conditions including tendinopathies, ligament injuries, muscle strains, fractures and other soft tissue injuries.
Vestibular Rehabilitation: Physical therapists at Narayan have advanced training in treating vertigo and balance disorders. We can help improve vertigo/dizziness and balance impairments using special techniques like the Epley’s maneuver, Canalith repositioning techniques and specialized exercises including Brandt-daroff’s exercises for vertigo and habituation training. We utilize a specialized balance assessment tool, ‘The Biosway” , that is a modified Clinical Test for Sensory Integration and Balance that helps identify specific balance impairments.
Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Pain: Our therapist specializes in management of various pelvic floor muscle dysfunction utilizing EMG biofeedback system. If you are dealing with stress or urge incontinence or pelvic pain, talk to our therapist to find out ways in which you can manage your problem.
Neurological Rehabilitation: We treat a variety of neurological conditions including Stroke, spinal cord injuries, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Peripheral nerve injuries and neuropathies. At Narayan’s, we utilize specialized treatment approaches like neurodevelopmental techniques, brunnstrom’s approach, myofascial release and energy conservation techniques to improve function, mobility and quality of life.
Our therapists are certified in L.S.V.T. BIG treatment, a specialized treatment approach for Parkinson’s to improve movement, gait and freezing.
Pediatric Rehabilitation: We offer pediatric rehabilitation to help children presenting with developmental delay, cerebral palsy, torticollis, spina bifida and various other musculoskeletal disorders.
We provide a comprehensive lymphedema management utilizing complex decongestive therapy, manual lymphatic drainage, vasopneumatic compression, compression wraps and therapeutic exercises.
Besides, skilled hands on therapy, we also offer several adjuncts to help relieve your symptoms like:
- Anodyne therapy: Used to relieve pain from neuropathy and chronic pain
- Iontophoresis: Used for heel pain and plantar fasciitis, trigger points, myofascial pain syndromes and tendinopathies
- Biofeedback: Used for pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence and muscle re education
- Russian current : Used for muscle strengthening
- Traction: Used for neck and lower back pain
- Ultrasound: Used for soft tissue injuries, tendonitis and localized pain
- Interferential current: Used for pain relief
- Wii: Used for balance and proprioceptive training
- Biosway (mCTSIB) system: Used for Balance/proprioceptive testing and training.
- Aquatic Therapy: Used to rehabilitate patients after injury or those with chronic illness to improve function ability through the application of aquatic therapeutic exercises.